What you will find here.

Here I have videos, Conferences, Websites and articles that have brought me ahead, along with a few I've written myself based on the knowledge I've picked up over the years. I'd love for this blog to turn interactive (should anybody find it!) as I think that many if not all of the posts are interesting topics for discussion.
So there you go... Enlightening research avenues, practical knowledge, and light entertainment, all rolled into one handy friendly blog! The rest is up to you :)

Monday, 21 February 2011

Candle Magick

I'm in the process  grouping a lot of well known Candle Magick Colour Meanings together into one definitive list :) I found after searching for candle magick colour meanings that most sites use the same staples and havn't really looked much further than thier original scources...pity.

If you're new to the concept of Candle Magick, then i'll quickly fill you in - its exactly how it sounds :) ... You look through the list below, and say if you require some extra income then light a green candle believing it will aid you in coming into money. It can be that simple! ah.. i hear you asking how the hell lighting a candle (you'd have had to have brought) could give you extra money - its proposterous! ....well... its all about visualizing and opening up opportunity. The candle ~can~ be purely symbolic :) What is the harm in trying Candle Magick even if you dont quite believe in it? None. Candle Magick can be theraputic, even self indulgent, taking the time to yourself to feel productive over a matter that maybe you have no control over. By lighting the candle almost as if in "prayer" you can feel as if you do indeed have some kind of control of the situation.

Now now those of you who already know your shit, hold onto your horses - if you know it already you didnt need me to explain it to you first now DIDJA lol. Let me ween in the newbies and the curious.... tap a tune lol.

With all work reguarding belief, sometimes we need to feel deeper in order to actually beleive that this structured exercise is going to help us. Candle Magick goes back YONKS, and most human beings have practised Candle Magick by the time they are two years old, didnt you know. (i'll letcha get to it yerself :P ) We light a candle in prayer to our passed over loved ones in cathedrals, and those who are living that you feel need attention from a higher scource to help them out, be it healing or turning thier life around.

It isnt just the Christian Monotheistic religion that uses Candle Magick, in fact the Catholics brought Candle Magick to thier own religions by witnessing the Haitians perform thier Voodoo Ceremonies. The Notion of lighting a candle to the Saints, came directly from the Voodoo culture of lighting candles to thier Polytheistic Gods. During slavery when voodoo was not permitted, the voodoo culture adopted the saints as the "Masks" of thier voodoo Deities. (It's all verrrrrrrry interesting)

I used Voodoo as my one example out of MANY availble religions to take a look into, because there is a beautiful relationship between man/woman and gods/demons (In this case the demons arent all "bad" as the bible has conditioned us to react to)   In my personal experience with voodoo (my sometimes bastardized but openheartedly honest way) i've grown fond of the stories attatched to many of the gods (just like Greek and Roman Mythology) and say i want to invoke the qualities or watchfulness of Oshun, Voodoo's own Aphrodite like (yet very different background myth) then as her number is 5, and her colour is yellow, naturally i would light 5 yellow candles in her honour :) (she's also fond of eggs, oranges, scarves, and fans, fyi)

OMG she's digressed completely! VOODOO!? i thought this was about CANDLE MAGICK!

Well hold on and give me a chance to bring myself back to topic (although i never actually left it)

The more you learn about different cultures "gods" or Deities, (or recall your favourite Greek and Roman and norse mythology whatever floats your boat) do a bit of research on them. Whilst you could interpret your own way that factual/fictional diety would like in return for helping you out, a quick search on the internet (i suggest pulling up five or six pages on the same deity so that if some twat who knows fuckall about fuckall doesnt steer you in the wrong direction...unlearning is harder that relearning. Or look at somebody elses religious deities - The Hindu Pantheon is FILLED with beautiful and characterized dieties.

Having that structure behind you (even if it does take you a while to find one that fits and suits YOU personally) really puts the kick into your WILL. (your WILL for what you ask for to happen HAPPEN)

You dont even need to go to all that trouble, simply light the candle and let that be enough for you!

Whats that??? What if you dont have the time to light a candle all the way down???  For the same desire stick a little pin about an inch down or wherever from the top before lighting the candle. When the candle burns down that far, the pins will drop, and going by all practitioners standards, this constitutes as a substitute for the WHOLE candle being burnt down. Burning daily with the same intent is also optional - thats the BEST PART of Candle Magick - its completely improvisational! (All forms of Magick are! it is the INTENT behind the action most if not ALL times.)

For those really want to get into the nitty gritty, then you can "Dress Candles" by rubbing oil over them, or decorating them beforing burning, and some rituals do require this. I've heard that "money oil/powder" really does attract money like flies...i'll be finding this out shortly! However i havn't had any personal experiences with these dressings myself yet :) i'll letchas know when i do

2 comments:

  1. Damn! I just wrote out a nice little note to you on here and my computer died, taking the note with it! But I care, I care a lot, so here I am, returned once more, to rewrite my note!
    My name is Tess, and I'm on my year and a day journey toward (hopefully) becoming a Pagan, possibly specifically Wiccan, with some witchcraft thrown in for sure. I stumbled upon (not StumbledUpon, though I suppose that could have happened, too...) your site while searching for color correspondences to modify to suit my own beliefs, and completely fell in love with your site! You have the cutest sense of humor, and this little insecurity to your words (that's just what it sounds like to me, I don't mean to be rude or pick on you at all) that is so endearing....
    I was reading the above post and came to the part where you said "unlearning is harder than relearning," and wanted you to know that those words felt very wise to me. We are living in a time and place where many cling to what they have been taught, and the powerful are corrupting our beautiful planet & society with what they refuse to unlearn, because it is easier for them to believe that it is truth than it is for them to let it go, start at the beginning and relearn *real* truth from point zero. They are spreading this disease of "unknowledge" in their earnestness to make it real, and by doing so it is becoming even more people's "truth." Such can only ever be ended by those who accept reality for all that it is--the easy and the hard--and those who are bold enough to share it out loud with their opposition. Your blog is a good form of such.
    But listen to me preach on...so typical of me to do, even when I don't even know the person to whom I'm talking! Really, I just wanted to let you know that I love your blog, and will be back to check out the rest of it soon!
    Best of wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete